Thursday, January 2, 2014

Getting Started...

I have been feeling an urge for awhile now to express my thoughts and experiences more in depth in regard to my past, the present and future.  So I'm going to try this blogging thing out and try to let this be a way to allow God to use me in some way in regard to my testimonies.  I want to be real and transparent about my personal thoughts, experiences and struggles.  In saying that I feel that a few things need to be said if I'm putting my thoughts out there.  I'm in no way setting out to offend anyone, judge anyone, or talk badly about anyone.  I'm am first accountable to God and will do my utmost to express accordingly and keep his word close to my heart:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


“THE GIANT STEP IN THE WALK OF FAITH IS THE ONE WE TAKE WHEN WE DECIDE GOD NO LONGER IS A PART OF OUR LIVES. HE IS OUR LIFE.”

Beth Moore, Praying God's Word Day by Day
 “Sometimes the worst conditions can often provide the best atmosphere to act in faith. God doesn't want our confidence regulated by our audience. If faith-discouragers can shake our confidence badly enough to disable us, our confidence may be in ourselves instead of God.”
Beth Moore
 “If Jesus gives us a task or assigns us to a difficult season, every ounce of our experience is meant for our instruction and completion if only we'll let Him finish the work. I fear, however, that we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner.”
Beth Moore
 “As long as we live, our self-absorption and our insecurity will walk together, holding hands and swinging them back and forth like two little girls on their way to a pretend playground they can never find. Human nature dictates that most often we will be as insecure as we are self-absorbed. The best possible way to keep from getting sucked into the superficial narcissistic mentality that money, possessions, and sensuality can satisfy and secure us is to deliberately give ourselves to something much greater...[Christ] showed us that giving, rather than getting, is the means to receiving...to find yourself, your true self, you must lose yourself in something larger.”
Beth Moore, So Long, Insecurity: You've Been A Bad Friend To Us

No comments:

Post a Comment