Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Little blessings

I've experienced a lot of little blessings today. So firstly I give thanks to God! The drive up to St. Louis wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm so thankful for all the prayers for travel mercies I know they are the reason why I had an event less trip! There were some crazy drivers out, semi's cutting cars off" cars tailgating semi's....crazy in this kind of weather!

All morning it was up in the air if we'd have someone who'd be able to do the urodynamic profile on Anya. At 11:30 I was told no one was likely able to make it in. I was prepared and expecting having to reschedule this appt even though it would have also been a bit more of a hassle and then trying to schedule to meet with Dr. Travel the urologist. The Lord blessed again and 5 min later I got a call and Rachael, one of the nurses who can do the urodynamic was able to make it in!!  I was late getting to the 1:00 appt, but we got there safely and it was slow at the hospital, so we got right in!! It took about 10 min to get the ultrasound done on Anya's kidneys.  Then we went up to urology to get the urodynamic profile done. Again we were able to go right on in!!  Rachael was amazing with us and Anya. She said that the pressures look to be about the same as in September, which really isn't good. There didn't appear to be improvement, but she would need Dr. Traxel to look at it to see what she would suggest. Where most kids Anya's age should be able to hold about 6oz of urine Anya can only do less than 4. And her bladder is still showing too much pressure before it should. There are some possible options...but I'm going to wait til later to post about that. And, initially we thought that one of us would have to leave Anya to see Dr. Traxel tomorrow at 10:15, Rachael assured us that we shouldn't have to leave Anya and that she was sure Dr. Traxel would come see Anya in her room. That would be awesome!!! So, in general the news wasn't great, but not worse...so I'm thankful for that and for how awesome Rachael was in taking care of us and Anya.

We got done with that appt by about 3:15.  Anya's dad asked if they could take Anya for the night. I understand his need to be with her, as I felt the same. I expressed that I'd like her with me for the night, that I'm staying on the hospital campus, that I have prepared and had the expectation of caring for her. I expressed my feelings while also trying to be considerate of his knowing he needed time with Anya. He seemed to understand which I had been afraid that he wouldn't.  I also offered that he and @-- > take Anya and spend some time with her and invited them to come back around 6 or 7 to eat dinner together. I want to take a special moment here to say that @--> was amazing today. She made sure that me and Anya's dad were able to be there for Anya. It was obvious she was trying to take great care to do that. I can't tell you how that consideration completely releases that need to feel defensive and how it just opens you up. At least it does with me. God was definitely working in all of us because we wet all open, and communicating well, and I felt no stress. Again thank you all for those prayers, cause they work!!  They had a great time with Anya, and we had an enjoyable meal. And Anya was obviously loving it. So many little but big blessings in this paragraph!!

Also got to meet a lovely lady I felt compelled to talk with before we ate, as she was with her daughter who has cerebral palsy. It was so comfortable talking with her and talking about our daughters. They both also see Dr. Dobbs.  Such a blessing from God to gift me with a friend:)

And I've been so blessed with this special time with Anya tonight...really getting to enjoy her with no other distractions like knowing there's laundry that I should be doing or things to be straightening up....

I pray for good restful sleep for the both of us. An easy awakening in the morning for Anya and me:) For things to go smoothly in the morning and for Anya and her 3 parents who love her!!,

Thank you to a good friend who shared thiserfwct verse!! Now to Him who is able to do FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY BEYOND all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in church and in Chriat Jesus to all generations forever and ever... Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment